We ONLY Want to Build More Connect-dad Families!
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
If this is your first time here, thank you so much for visiting us.
I am Julian Ivey-Caldwell, Founder, CIH (Chief Idiot Husband), Dad with No Cool Points, and Chief Groundskeeper at GetConnectDad.com. The picture above is my incredible family. Laurie and I are blessed to be the parents of two young boys, Eli (5) and Ervin (3). Our story is unique in its own way; however, we are learning every day just like every parent. Even if we have no energy!
Initially, GetConectDad began as a fatherhood guide for my kids. Since that time, it has quickly become a place where 100,000 people read, visit, share, and collaborate on all of our platforms each month. 300+ parent/writers from dozens of countries have joined this adventure and contribute stories, advice, comments, tweets, and support for this community.
Our primary goal
Our primary goal is to find ways for all of our families to engage in more significant ways with our kids. We call it ‘getting connectdadTM,’ thus GetConnectDad! If you want to know more about our story, please visit our about page.
Most of our writing centers around “52 Traits We Want In Our Kids”; however, other topics are spread throughout the site. Here are a few of our most popular articles to get you started:
- Why An Open Adoption Was Just What We Needed
- Be Adventurous
- Family Life As A Full-time Time RV’er And Why You Should Try It!
- How Did a Couple Who Live In a Van Change the DNA Of My Family
- A List Of All 52 Traits
- My Wife is My Hero! 9 Things to Consider While Supporting Your Spouse Fighting Cancer
- How to Stay Focused When Financial Crisis Strikes
- Empowering Your Budget
- How To Support Your Kids Financially
- How to Create Financial Goals
- Poems From Our Parents
- The Joy of Fatherhood
- All of the Super Heroes are Gone
- Be Resilient My Child
- Inherit The Past
- Patience Is Hannah, Hannah Is Grace
- Creamy Clam Chowder
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
- Toasted Walnut Biscotti
- Grilled Corn Salad
- If you are a new parent, I strongly recommend the free Ebook from Fatherville.com.
- I am very interested in perspectives from everywhere. Your browser says your country of origin is: United States. If you would like to share a story or write with us, please join here!
Our 5 Habits for a more ConnectDad Family
- Live your Faith
- Devote 1 Extra Hour of Time each week to your kids (uninterrupted)
- Read 1 story or have 1 story read to you by your child this week (assuming they aren’t 16)
- Take 1 Walk outside with your partner and kids
- Take a moment to say “I love you” and Hug your kid(s)
Have any questions? Please reach out directly to me. Please email me at email@example.com.
Thanks again for checking us out!
If you are active on social media, we are on each of the platforms listed below.
We would love to keep in touch with you by sending you a weekly update of the new articles written by our parent/authors. We understand all of our in-boxes are full; however the tips and tricks we share will give you more time to focus on the important thing in life: your family!
Please share us with a friend!