Have you ever asked yourself…
Am I doing this right? I hope I am not working too much as a parent. Will all of the sacrifices my family is making pay off or will our kids resent us? How on earth do I find the extra energy to keep up? Are we doing a disservice to our kids because we are both working? Why are everyone else’s kids better behaved than mine? How on earth do we get time to grow as a couple? What would happen if one of us quit our job and focused on the kids? Should we home school our kids?
If you have asked anything on that list, welcome to the GetConnectDad Club! Why not make it formal and join our weekly series delivered by email!
GetConnectDAD.com is a growing online community for parents who are convinced that we can always improve our skills by checking out what other parents are doing.
- Our year-long writing project, “52 Traits We Want In Our Kids” is a weekly series where 5-7 parents write each week on how a specific trait impacts the way they are raising their kids.
- We are busy identifying partners in the communities who are actively engaged with dads of all types and will be highlighting their resources for our families here and on our Twitter / Facebook pages.
- Parents will find some good ideas here and a diverse community of parents who are trying to do the right thing with their kids every day.
- Each week you can expect to find features from our authors; some great food ideas for fathers by fathers; some GetACTIVE fitness tips and videos; a series of activities you can do with your kids; and a great sense of comradery between all of the parents in our community.
The GetConnectDAD team would like to challenge every parent to:
- Devote 1 Extra Hour of Time each week to your kids (uninterrupted)
- Read 1 story or have 1 story read to you by your child this week (assuming they aren’t 16)
- Take 1 Walk outside with your partner and kids
- Take 1 moment to say “I love you” to your kids
- Hug your kid(s) 1 time this week
We are very happy you landed here at our site and hope you take the time to “Like” our Facebook Page on the links below.
All of the best to you and your family,
Julian and Laurie Ivey-Caldwell – Founders @GetConnectDAD